Senior Interior Designer
The Senior Interior Designer is a highly experienced interior designer responsible for managing multiple projects ranging from small to large sized projects of basic to complex scope with minimal supervision including full architectural solutions in coordination with an architect.
The Senior Interior Designer shall be responsible for specifications of interior furnishings; systems, freestanding/ancillary furniture for various degrees of project sizes on an international scale. The Senior Interior Designer is responsible for the highest level of Interior Design outcomes, completing projects with accuracy, within budget and creativity while monitoring project performance within contract hours and meeting or exceeding international and/or domestic customer expectations.
The Senior Interior Designer shall lead, guide and set examples for the department confidently – inspiring new benchmarks and standards constantly within the teams. They are approachable, performance-based, talented and organized individuals.
- Sourcing and researching of imagery / ideas / specification / new suppliers to use on various projects (to be used in DC / DD presentations).
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with all ARRCC systems, standards and procedures.
- Able to work within a structured document management system and be accountable for upholding that system.
- To contribute, or otherwise assist as required to provide project teams with a full Interior service covering both presentation and contractual material.
- Collaboration with Interior Architects to ensure the IA / architecture has necessary space / requirements from lifestyle point of view / how the space will work for the client in terms of functionality, furniture layout, etc.
- Custom modelling of furniture (as per the DC / DD presentation imagery), lighting, adding fabrics to scatters, sofas, rugs, etc.
- Furniture Layouts / Spatial planning of spaces.
- Developing SPM DC Presentations presented to Client (with their feedback) to create DD Presentations on PowerPoint.
- Numbered Furniture Layouts which relate back to Register.
- Generating Registers (Excel) which is essentially Furniture Schedule of all specs for the furniture, lighting, rugs, scatters, Objet, Artwork, to ensure overall quality management.
- Client Liaison via email / telephone – ongoing through the design process.
- Lighting / Furniture Packages (DD stage) – axos, detail drawings for Costing and Ultimately manufacture.
- Skill in designing bespoke furniture including a comprehensive knowledge of furniture detailing and construction technology, for both residential and commercial designs.
- Excellent time management to ensure all deadlines are continuously met with Project Managers and Suppliers.
- Working with 3D artists to produce CGI realistic renders (sending of Furniture / lighting / fabric specs, etc.)
- Collaboration with IA and SAOTA.
- Working with Procurement Agents (if ID not appointed to complete procurement – mostly on international projects – otherwise we do procurement on all local projects).
- Installations on site – accepting furniture, styling, positioning, site handovers.
- Objet, Accessories shopping.
- Artwork Proposals – working with local and international galleries to source and procure artworks.
- Factory Visits – overseeing the manufacture process, quality controlling at factories for all bespoke furniture / lighting being manufactured for Clients.
- Site Visits – confirming wall sizes prior to manufacture to ensure plans match built and furniture will fit.
- Admin – Client Meeting Minutes, filing respective supplier info / correspondence, confirming when Accounts / Admin can release payments on specific orders.
- Actively and continuously manage the project team.
- Take full accountability and responsibility for the project fee proposals and project feasibility.
Essential skills and criteria
- National diploma in Interior Design or equivalent. SACAP registration will be advantageous.
- Strong working experience in Revit, Lumion and AutoCAD.
- Minimum 7- 10 years’ work experience.
- Project experience: Minimum of two project types with Involvement in min 3 stages of project scope.
- Project Experience: Team profitability.
- Ability to coordinate multinational project teams and clients.
- Ability to work in a complex multi-cultural environment.
- Identifies and shares innovative ways of improving current systems and processes
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Displays above average leadership skills and mentoring capabilities.
- Ability to understand and formulate design concepts and present for discussion.
- A discerning taste in furniture and art.
- Ability to use a variety of media and software in the development and documentation of a design project.
- Good leader in innovation, design and technical skill.
- Ability to accurately understand and interpret instructions.
- The ability to learn and demonstrate creative problem-solving skills.
- Able to set and achieve deadlines and give regular updates on progress.
- Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail.
- High levels of communication and easy to work with. Clear and concise thinker.
- High accuracy levels in decision making.
- Possesses good judgement.
- Leads ARRCC relationship with private / institutional clients.
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
- Able to remain calm and work in pressurised environments.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
- Demonstrate initiative and be pro-active towards daily tasks.
- Able to build good relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Due to the nature of the position there will be a requirement to work additional hours as necessary, this may include weekends occasionally and occasional domestic and international travelling.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude towards personal growth and development in the company.
- Flexible attitude.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Efficient, resourceful and works SMART.
- Most recent portfolio of work to be submitted.
- Most recent Curriculum Vitae to submit.